Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

HAPPY THANKSGIVING FAMILY!!!

Missionary work has opened up my eyes to a lot of new things.. food.. ( you all asked me what the worst thing I've eaten is..) Besides the random side dishes that don't even small half as bad as they taste.. I think the worst thing I've eaten is pig intestines.. and would you like to know the worst part?? My companion ordered it for us when I passed off for our Korean certified teacher recognition, AS A TREAT. Imagine chewing spicy rubber that has an off intestinal smell.. with weird chewy balls that I don't know how to describe and mayonnaise (which I hate). Besides that.. Korean food is heavenly. Really.. I'm having a hard time deciding if my favorite's Korean or Mexican..! Missionary work has opened my eyes and given me an expanded knowledge of the Gospel, the Atonement, Love.. but for this week in particular, has opened my eyes to all the blessings in my life. HAPPY THANKSGIVING FAMILY! 

I'm torn between writing that this was the very best Thanksgiving of my life... and hurting your feelings! Just know I love our Thanksgiving feasts, being with family, going to see a movie with the family, playing football and other dangerous sports, turkey trot, etc., etc.. but...... I will always remember this Thanksgiving. Even though I would have been content having a Korean meal.. we were invited to go to the army base, Camp Casey, for the feast.. and ahh- ward members, investigators and all the missionaries from our zone.. Just imagine all the fun, gratitude and love in one church building! and that's not even addressing the amount of food.. holy an entire army could have been fed. 

Well, I could take the time and send you an extensive list of all the blessings in my life, but why waste the time when I can very easily say that every blessing in my life has come as a direct result from this Gospel? Every hardship in my life has been overcome with the help and strength of this Gospel.. Everything in my life has and is in direct correlation to my membership in this Church.. How in the world does one express gratitude to the thing that not only made my life anything.. but everything?? Family.. I am so grateful for you.. for your support and sacrifice.. I am grateful for this sacred opportunity to be a Missionary.. For this chance I have to draw closer to my Savior and understand Him more.. For everything I am learning about my relationship with Heavenly Father.. For the chance I have to share this joyous news with the most humble and loving people in the world.. To be able to learn Korean... despite how hard it is... To serve with my amazing trainer/companion... and here I am doing what I said I wouldn't... oops. 

I could write an entire encyclopedia set with everything I'm learning and experiencing as a missionary.. it's great.. tiring.. frustrating.. rewarding.. and I'll cherish it for the rest of my life. One lesson I learned in particular this week - the difference between being happy in a given moment and happy for a lifetime. I couldn't count how many times I chased after a happy 'moment' in my life.. only to realize that what I needed to be chasing after couldn't be captured in a moments time.. Family.. I would encourage you to take a step back in your life... figure out what it is you're chasing after and decide whether it will make you happy for a moment of time.. or happy not only for this life, but throughout all eternity. 100 times out of 100... the latter will truly make you happy. Alma 32:4... plan your harvest and reap the rewards! 

As per usual, we saw miracle after miracle this week.. the biggest miracle being in myself. I really.. am embarrassed by all the things that needed correction in my life.. all the weakness I carried.. but.. It was quite the week of refining.. and we're coming out strong because of it. fam.. I love you all. I am constantly praying for you and working hard for you ;)

Don't forget to count your blessings! 

All my love, 
Sister Willcox

ps.. a little slice of mesa was with me for Thanksgiving!!! (he went to MVT with me)
 
 

Krispy Kreme opening!!
Thanksgiving!
the first pie I've ever made!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment