Pages

Sunday, December 7, 2014

Need I even say it...

This was the best week. I mentioned this in my email to Angie.. maybe dad.. can't remember.. sorry for repeating... although I absolutely love the Mesa Temple.. Will forever call it "my" Temple.. have spent countless hours in the Provo Temple.. and in all honesty, love every single Holy House of the Lord.. The Korea Seoul Temple changed my life on November 18th and I will always always always remember that day. family.. Only because you have templeSSS in very close distance to wherever you could possibly be in the USA. I want to remind you something - the Temples are easily one of the biggest blessings here on earth! Go, and go frequently! It wasn't until I wasn't able to go these past 6 weeks in Korea that I realized how important it is and how huge of a blessing it is! For the first time in my life, I'm beginning to understand why we must sacrifice everything we can to go. Even a Pday.. even emailing time ;) 

Well... I can't believe I'm about to say this.. It's gotten easier to bear my testimony in Korean than it has in English.. I blame it on the fact that there are less Korean words floating around my brain than english... haha. We had 12 week follow up this week, aka.. the most English I've spoken since getting here, had to bear testimony in English and I had no idea how to even speak haha.. but BOY was it a treat to see my MTC District! I couldn't possibly describe to you my love for my MTC family.. The amount of love you gain for people spending quite possible 1000 hours together in the same small room... growing spiritually and more mature.. I just love them! It was so fun to see where we all are.. To see how much they've all grown.. spiritually, language wise, emotionally.. If seeing you compares to Thursday.. What an enormously large treat i'm in store for! 

There were so so many miracles this week! It could easily be called miracle work instead of missionary work (cheesy's acceptable on a mission)! I really.. can't express the gratitude I have for this opportunity to stand as a representative of our Savior. I really have no clue what I'm doing... still have no idea how He trusted me with this sacred opportunity.. But I'm running with it and soaking up every single second.. even in the freezing cold air!! I caught the cold this week.. waking up at 4 am to travel to the temple.. and then to do it again 2 days later to travel to 12 week... although it made missionary work even harder than it is initially.. I made a new covenant with heavenly Father this week and refused to let it wear me down.. we worked through it all and I'm speechless at the blessings He literally down poured for our diligence in working through trials! I've decided there's nothing, literally nothing that can stop me from sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Which leads to one of the biggest miracles we saw this week!!

After seeing some of our mission leaders and being told to take a rest a recuperate.. we were both prompted to push through and chose not to take a nap during a certain hour.. We ended up meeting a woman in that hour.. She promptly invited us in. Before you drop your jaws.. she invited us to do the 30/30 program (we teach them english for free for 30 minutes and then the gospel for 30 minutes).. we sat in a room smaller than our bathroom.. I couldn't even sit crisscross applesauce!! And there was the nastiest dog wandering around.. that wasn't potty trained.. and he peed on my companion and pooped under my leg.. (it ended up being a blessing i couldn't sit all the way down!!) and half way through the lesson.. (english) her 12 year old daughter came home! She joined us for the second half.. and literally broke my heart in an instant. This cute little girl, deprived of almost all worldy goods.. had never even heard of God.. ever in her life! just take a second to think about that. I felt so sick.. the mixture of illness and dogness was not good for me.. but we taught her the first few principles of the first lesson.. and she sat so quietly and reverently and asked the most heartbreaking questions.. and we taught her about prayer, she had never heard of prayer before.. and had to teach her every single aspect of how to pray... and family.. I can only imagine how Heavenly Father felt in that moment.. when His beloved lost daughter prayed to Him for the first time.. We've gone to their house every single day following as per the little girls request! Every single hardship of a mission is made up.. this making up any hardship that ever happens in my life. 

Family.. I really can't express my love and gratitude for you! For my gained knowledge of eternal families and who we are! What you've all come to mean to me as I've understood a little more of that! You are all Children of God and I know He loves all of us dearly! Pray to Him!! He is just as thrilled when you pray to Him!! 

You're always in my prayers! I love you!!
All my love, 
Sister Willcox

ps this picture is another reason why this week was the best! It was freezing and a freak windstorm... my companion looked at me and told me I looked like Mary and asked if she looked the same. I told her to freeze and I took a picture.. this is the result. 


just me at the SEOUL TEMPLE
The time I spilt an ENTIRE bag of rice that a member gave us all down our apartment stairs.. all three floors.

A church visitor!! Also, a member bought this jacket for me.. she said she saw it and said that's "soooo sister willcox!" hahahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment